Activities at The Oaks
Whilst personal care is paramount, we never forget that encouraging stimulation through activities both within and out of the home is key to an enjoyable and fulfilling life. Our activities programme is led and co-ordinated by the whole team at The Oaks. Our activity programme is scheduled to include the following:
- Playing of games – this is often scheduled mid morning/afternoon
- Physical activities such as “armchair aerobics” which is kindly provided by the daughter of one of our residents.
- Outside entertainment brought – Ricky Demarco, a local singer, has been a core part of our entertainment programme with sing-a-longs and dancing to old favourites
- Celebration of special events e.g. Easter, Bonfire Night (the turn out of all residents, residents and staff was a big event at The Oaks last year), Christmas, Birthdays.
- The events are often underpinned by competitions e.g. Easter Bonnet competition.
- Our monthly newsletter captures all the happenings.