Facilities at The Oaks
There are 2 main lounges at The Oaks, each with TV and music. In addition, we have recently added an airy garden room which overlooks the gardens and the front of the home where our residents can while away time watching the comings and goings to and from the home and the visiting wildlife!
Meals are taken in our dining area where residents individual needs and preferences will be given every consideration by our qualified catering staff. Meals may however may be taken in residents own rooms if this is their preference.
We have mainly single en-suite rooms with but also the facility for a couple to share if they so choose. Every room also offers TV and full internet access and can be installed with a phone at the wish of each resident. All bedrooms are fully furnished to a high standard but residents may introduce their own effects as they choose and every assistance is given to establish a personal and private environment.
The gardens are situated to the front of the home and are for the use and enjoyment of all residents, the more green fingered of whom may take an active participation if they wish
- 28 comfortable appointed bedrooms, mostly with en-suites
- 24 hour care with fully trained staff team
- Assistance with all personal duties if required
- Emergency call bell system operational in all lounges, bathrooms, bedrooms etc
- Fire safety system with smoke detectors in all rooms
- Passenger stair lift
- Specially adapted bathrooms/shower rooms on each floor
- Access to local doctors, dentists and ophthalmic opticians
- A varied and changing range of meals where special diets are also catered for.
A nutritional assessment will be carried out upon admission.
- Tea, coffee and other drinks are served to both residents and relatives through the day
- Religious services (if your choice)
- Full central heating. Hot and cold water in every room
- TV points in every room
- Internet access in all residents rooms
- Public telephone
- 2 large comfortable lounges, garden room and relatives meeting area
- Attractive garden to the front
- Private parking facilities
- Regular newsletter and notice board
- Entertainment & Activities
- On site laundry facilities (we request all garments are name tagged to ensure they are returned to the correct room)